Easter Birds Nest Cookies
Recipe: Makes about 24 nests
What you need to get started:
- 12 oz package of chow mein noodles OR All Bran cereal (used here)
- 11 oz package of butterscotch morsels OR 1 bag of white chocolate (used here)
- 1 bag of Cadbury mini eggs OR jelly beans (used here)
Let’s Start Cooking:
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a large glass bowl you will need to melt butterscotch or chocolate chips
morsels in the microwave. Stop and stir the chips in the microwave to prevent from burning (usually every 1 minute).
- Melt for 2 – 3 minutes depending on your microwave (make sure the microwave power is 50% to prevent burning)
- When butterscotch or chocolate chips are melted, then add the chow mein noodles OR All Bran cereal and mix until noddles are evenly coated.
- You will need to work quickly!!! You will need to use an ice-cream scoop and scoop out the mixture and form a mound. Next, you will want to press the mixture onto parchment paper.
- Make a little indent in the mound to form a nest.
Lastly, press the jelly bean or Cadbury egg on-top before it drys completely
Cooked & Styled by Mary