It’s Gorgeous This Time Of The Year, So Head Outdoors And Have A Good Ole’ Time And Celebrate Fall With A Harvest Party!
Gather your family and friends over to your home and celebrate Fall with a harvest party.
Keep The Kids Busy With A Fun Autumn Craft
After dinner, whip out the pumpkin and paints. Invite guests to use their artistic skills to paint pretty designs or goofy faces on pumpkins. Tip: Pour paint into old muffin tins to minimize mess.
Games To Do With The Kids & Adults
- corn shucking races – who can shuck the corn the fastest wins!
- Hay bale jumping – make an obstacle course using bales of hay!
- potato sack or pillowcase races
- pumpkin rolling contest – This would be great for toddlers
- hot pumpkin (same as hot potato instead with a pumpkin)
- apple pie eating contest
- apple bobbing
- wheel barrow races
Have The Party Inside and Set Your Fall Table With A Gorgeous Centerpiece
Celebrate Fall With A Harvest Party
MenuKeep this party simple by only offering a few items on your menu.
- Appetizer – Buy a pre-made platter of assorted cheeses and cut seasonal apples and display on a white platter or seasonally decorated platter
- Serve the cheese and apples with gourmet crackers (not saltines 🙂 )
- Main Meal – Make Squash Soup a few days ahead and then heat up in a crock pot on the day of the party. Serve the soup with warm french bread (just melt some butter on top and serve warm)
- Kids Main Meal – Kids can eat the squash soup or you might want to make a simple grilled cheese (you can even buy the pre-made grilled cheeses in the frozen section of your grocery store).
- Dessert – Individual Apple Pies
- Drinks – Serve soft drinks in old fashion glass bottles. Make the bottles extra special by tying raffia ribbon into a bow around the bottle (you can buy this at any craft store – it’s just thin brown paper ribbon).
Make Some Apple Muffins To Share
Make sure that you check out our Country weekend Here