54 Things You Should Think About Before Starting A Business Or Blog:
So you want to start a business or a blog….
- ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOUR FAMILY COMES FIRST. NO DREAM IS WORTH LOSING YOUR HEALTH OR FAMILY OVER! PERIOD!!
- Start creating what you love and dreaming, whether it’s personal or professional
- Creativity takes courage – so embrace it and run with it!
- Get off your couch and start doing what you love today!
- Never let a disability hold you back from your dream
- You are never to old to start – My mother is living proof!
- You are never to young to start
- It’s takes time – Be patient ( I’ve spent hundreds of hours researching and creating this blog during my free time or when my family is sleeping).
- It takes effort, commitment and energy
- There will always be people jealous of you – Just learn to deal with it and move on
- There will always be people who admire you and look up to you – Spend time with them and thank them for their encouragement to you
- Quit talking about it and just do it!
- Encourage someone else to follow their dream. Help them see what they may not see or believe in themselves.
- Light a candle each day and ask God to light a fire within you for the people He has placed in your path for the day – Starting with your family.
- Remember that your #1 PASSION should be for your family 1st
- Always put your spouse and children ahead of your home and work!
- Time is short – invest in your little ones while they are still home with you.
- Invest in friendships because they will be there to encourage you and remind you to keep going when you feel defeated
- Never give up!
- Never stop dreaming!
- There will always be negative people around you – Run, Run, Run…away from them 🙂
- Listen more and talk less!!!
- If someone says “No” – Keep going till someone says “Yes”
- Believe in yourself or no-one else will believe in your dreams
- Pray and never cease praying about your dreams!
- TIMING is everything – It may or may not be the right TIME to pursue your dreams!!!
- Do what you love (creative work) while the kids nap, have quiet-time to themselves or when they are in school.
- Always have your camera ready to capture what inspires you (flowers, people, clothes, shoes, houses, paint colors and so on)
- Keep a sketchbook or notebook handy at all times, so you can jot down what inspires you.
- Keep a calendar handy with you. I am old-fashion and still prefer paper and pen!
- Listen to classical or soft instrumental music when you work – It’s very calming and soothing
- Set goals for yourself
- Keep dreaming and make your dreams into reality by making them into goals
- Give yourself goals with deadlines (daily goals, weekly goals, monthly goals and yearly ones)
- Hold yourself accountable
- Treat yourself to something special when you accomplish a task or “check-off” a goal
- Seek wisdom from mentors in the field you wish to be in
- Take a class (sewing class, painting class, cake-decorating class). Your local craft store probably offers lots of classes to help you get your creative juices flowing.
- Research other like-minded people
- Follow others online that you admire (social media – Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest)
- Read informational books on the topics that inspire you
- Go for it – If you fail – Get up – Try again!
- Go to conferences, join clubs and groups of your interest
- Connect with other like-minded people through blogs
- Take classes at a local college to better your education
- Watch You-Tube videos on a topic that you love
- Read magazines of your interest
- Create your own little space in your home where you can feel free to be you and let your creative juices flow!
- Create a beautiful home studio and or home office
- Use paint colors and fabric that reflect your personality
- Decorate your creative space to be all your own! If you don’t have one, then create a little nook that is all your own.
- Add pretty office supplies (file folders, paper, pens, bowls, vases)
- Fill it with things that inspire you to be creative like baskets, pretty wallpaper or paint and organized shelving
- Add pretty flower print file folders to organize your “notes and or written dreams”
My Last Piece Of Advice – Always Enjoy Dessert!
Author: Serra Deville